NetSuite Integration for Beginners
A Guide to Integrate NetSuite with 3rd Party Systems
We are often asked the question, how can we integrate NetSuite with other systems? We have put together the below article to help understand “how to go about it”. There are a few proven approaches that you can use for your project, and it all depends on the level of integration, volume and the objectives of the project. This article outlines the approaches and should help provide the information to plan the integration. If you need further help, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
1. NetSuite API – SuiteTalk/SuiteScript
SuiteTalk web services integration makes it easy for customers and developers to integrate NetSuite with a variety of applications including existing on-premise investments and third-party cloud applications, and to build website-to-NetSuite integrations or create lightweight custom mobile applications.
The SuiteTalk WSDL provides a complete description of available services, operations, and messages.
The SuiteTalk Schema Browser provides a web-based view of all records, fields, lists, enumerations, operations, warnings, errors, and faults in SuiteTalk. The SuiteTalk Schema Browser should be used in conjunction with the SuiteTalk Records Guide, which is available in the NetSuite Help Center.
Java and .Net Samples
In order to familiarize yourself with NetSuite web services, we encourage you to download our sample applications, which are available in Java and C#. These are command-line driven applications that illustrate how to use some of the key features of the platform
C# sample applications
Java sample applications
This toolkit simplifies the process of developing integrations that use PHP 5.6 or later.
- Download the toolkit PHP_Toolkit_2018_1 file.
SuiteScript – API
NetSuite SuiteScript API allows you to push and pull data from within NetSuite. The API supports Basic, Token-Based, SSO authentication to integrate third-party APIs with NetSuite. This level of integration requires extensive knowledge of SuiteScript API and the NetSuite application in general. AVT has completed a number of projects using the SuiteScript API method.
2. NetSuite Integration – Middleware Options
There are a number of middleware providers that have written integration with the NetSuite API using their own middleware.
AVT has also developed our own “middleware” solution using Hiroku, so you can say we have done a lot more than others.
- Dell BOOMI – Is a market leader in Gartner’s Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant for 6 years, and has helped solve the needs of customers with end-to-end capabilities – including application/data integration, API management, data quality governance, B2B integration, low code app development and more. AVT is a Dell Boomi Partner and has used their middleware to integrate systems with NetSuite.
- Celigo – Celigo’s iPaaS (Integration Platform-as-a-Service) is designed for IT professionals AND business users to quickly connect applications to automate business processes. AVT is a Celigo Partner and can work with Celigo to deploy integration flows
- Hiroku – Heroku is a cloud platform that lets companies build, deliver, monitor and scale apps, they are the fastest way to go from idea to URL, bypassing all those infrastructure headaches. AVT has developed its own NetSuite API integration with Hiroku that can be used for systems integration projects.
What’s Next – What’s types of services are involved?
Systems integration is a multi-step process with clearly defined phases.
- Define business requirements
- Discover Systems and APIs to integrate
- Define data flows and object model diagrams
- Define field mappings and message exchange definitions
- Review systems and message exchange frameworks
- Define flows and timings
- Setup and integration framework – APIs, Connectors, Middleware
- Map/Program flows and triggers
- Map/Program Message exchange
- Run sample transactions and Test Use cases
- Run Regression Testing
- Release integration in production for users
- Transition project to Go-Live Support
- Update and maintain releases
Need More help?
Contact – email@example.com to book a “consulting” session to understand more?