Jardine Lloyd Thompson – Oracle NetSuite OpenAir Case Study
JLT Australia Consultancy Practice Boosts Productivity by 20% with NetSuite OpenAir
Jardine Lloyd Thompson Australia
Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
- NetSuite OpenAir has delivered breakthrough transparency and efficiency for the consulting arm of Jardine Lloyd Thompson (JLT) Australia, subsidiary of the London-based global insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits firm.
- JLT Australia has improved flat-fee project pricing and management across its insurance-related risk management, health and safety, business continuity and loss adjustment consulting services.
- Overall productivity is up 20% with NetSuite OpenAir professional services automation (PSA) and CRM, including time and expense management, project and resource management, and project accounting.
- Half-dozen separate Microsoft Access, Excel and Word systems for time and expense across 20 Australia offices replaced with the single, standardized OpenAir environment.
- JLT Australia estimates annual $200,000 AUD cost avoidance in personnel previously managing time and expense in Microsoft Access databases.
- Comprehensive project accounting with time/expense has improved visibility into optimal fee structures to ensure profitability across complex projects.
- As an early adopter of PSA in Australia, JLT has equipped about 150 consultants and project managers with OpenAir capabilities in a structured framework covering hundreds of projects at any given time.
- JLT Australia has improved service delivery effectiveness and client satisfaction with unified solution to manage tasks, timeframes, milestones and resources.
- OpenAir iPad and iPhone apps have enabled mobile consultants to enter time and expense from the road, improving productivity.
- Rich customizability has enabled JLT Australia to tune OpenAir to unique requirements in its loss adjusting line of business.
- Workflow-driven invoicing from OpenAir to back-end financials has eliminated manual ad hoc processes and problems with data inconsistency.
- Resource management capabilities enable JLT Australia to assign the best consultant to projects while also giving clients a roadmap that increases confidence and satisfaction.
“NetSuite OpenAir has given us a lot more transparency and a more structured way to do business with clients in terms of milestones and project and resource management while capturing the time and expense we incur.”
– Jardine Lloyd Thompson Australia
- Lack of visibility into key business information complicated fee decisions and forced company in guesswork decision-making.
- Ad hoc processes and disparate systems resulted in costly manual work without a systematic way to manage complex services business.
- Inefficiencies in time and expense reporting and management resulted in unproductive manual work for consultants and administrative personnel.
- Live in early 2011, OpenAir PSA solution and vendor offered the long-term collaborative business partnership and end-to-end functionality that JLT Australia wanted.
- OpenAir’s recently opened office in Australia and top-notch presentations with custom configurations by OpenAir sales team were key factors in JLT Australia’s selection.