Swissport – Deploys Planning Budgeting Cloud Service using AVT NetSuite Oracle PBCS
Swissport is the global leader of ground services and cargo handling for the aviation industry. You’ll find SwissPort at 315 airports in 50 countries and we are proud of our dedicated workforce of 68,000 team members. In Australia and New Zealand, Swissport (formerly Aerocare) operates at 32 airports, partnering with all major domestic airlines and many international carriers in the region.
Swissport was using MS Excel spreadsheet for developing budgeting, planning and forecasting. The spreadsheets were initially developed by PWC and are complex to modify, maintain and extend. Swissport selected to use Oracle NetSuite Planning & Budgeting for approx. 8-9 companies, approx. 50 stations and 5 – 8 business lines.
Oracle NetSuite Planning & Budgeting is proposed as an alternative to using MS Excel spreadsheet.
- Provide a single datasource for maintaining planning and forecasting data
- Allow planning for multiple companies, multiple locations, multiple business lines, consolidation and what if scenarios
- Ability to develop models based on revenue and cost drivers
- PNL, Balance Sheet and Cash flow Planning
- Provide a single datasource for maintaining budgeting models
- Allow extensions of the models by users
- Ability to collaborate by allowing multiple users to work on the system at the same time.
- Ability to create multiple reports, graphs and charts
- Ability to drill down to the underlying data
The AVT Engagement Objectives
- Enable Swissport staff to use Oracle NetSuite Planning & Budgeting through system admin training
- Setup the outbound integration between Oracle NetSuite Planning & Budgeting and NetSuite ERP to facilitate loading actual data into the planning/budgeting system.
- Providing training on the features and extensions
- Assist in the consulting and development of new reports and models.
Solution Overview – Oracle NetSuite Planning & Budgeting
Oracle NetSuite Planning and Budgeting is a complete cloud-based planning, budgeting, and forecasting solution that enables organizations of any size to rapidly adopt world-class planning applications, improving forecast accuracy with minimal IT resources. Built-in cloud-specific features make it easy to get users up and running quickly.
Appeal to a wider user community with an intuitive, role-based interface
- Speed user adoption, little training needed with built-in starter kits, online help, and tutorials
- Simplify administration with application diagnostics
- Improve forecast accuracy. Connect operational assumptions to financial outcomes. Predictive planning and rolling forecasts enable you to project future performance and create alternative scenarios.
- Streamline processes with flexible workflow and plan management capabilities
- Quickly create reports with an intuitive user interface and full Excel integration
- Simplify reporting with built-in management reporting capabilities
- Forecast performance accurately with rolling forecasts and best practices
- Meet today’s business requirements and be ready for the future. Leverage Oracle’s best-in-class cloud technology to deploy a world-class budgeting solution with the latest business innovations.
- Reduce implementation costs with a packaged solution
- Combine and securely move data across on-premises and cloud systems
- Integrate data from Oracle and other ERP systems including pre-built Integration with Oracle NetSuite
- Leverage existing IT investments