Mayne Media Case Study
“Our NetSuite system is working very, very well. Having all our information in a single solution lets us focus on growing the business rather than managing day-to-day transactions in multiple systems.”
Location: Frenchs Forest, New South Wales
Solutions: ERP, Financials, CRM
Applications Replaced: MYOB, Salesforce, CRM Australia
- Three isolated systems—Salesforce for advertiser CRM, CRM Australia for subscription management and MYOB for financials—were a “black box” that compromised business visibility and hindered efficiency.
- Mayne Publications faced high workloads and risk of error managing ad quotes in Salesforce and manually inputting data into MYOB for financials and invoicing.
- The company lacked a single view of advertiser and subscriber customers, resulting in duplicate data that impacted service quality and the ability to grow the business.
The AVT Solution
- Selected over Salesforce, NetSuite met Mayne Publications’ criteria for a fully-integrated system with superior ERP / financial management and reporting capabilities.
- NetSuite implementation and customizations by partner AVT were instrumental in ensuring a high-performing environment and accelerating time to value.
- Rich customizability through the SuiteCloud Development Platform enabled Mayne and AVT to tailor the solution to match the company’s unique requirements.
Customer Success – ERP Transformation
“Savings of 250 employee hours and a 30% reduction in system cost every year.”
- NetSuite supplies a single, integrated cloud solution for greater business control and efficiency at the leading publisher of eight print and digital trade magazines for landscapers, mechanics, building trades, motorcycle riders and others.
- Improved business visibility and agility with NetSuite gives Mayne Publications a competitive edge in the fast-changing publishing world. Customizations by NetSuite Solution Provider partner Absolute Vision Technologies (AVT) were instrumental in tuning NetSuite to meet Mayne’s unique business needs.
- Automation of subscription management through customizations by AVT enables Mayne to streamline processes, drive revenue and improve customer satisfaction among more than 70,000 subscribers.
- AVT combined Mayne’s records on both advertiser and subscriber customers into NetSuite, eliminating what had been two separate data sets in Salesforce and CRM Australia.
- The company has achieved efficiency in mailing and distribution by consolidating all customers and transactions into one system, reducing the instances of duplicate mailing, double handling and customer complaints.
- Further customizations to support print magazine distribution to direct subscribers and news agencies give Mayne cost-effective controls covering thousands of bi-monthly issues.
- Unified NetSuite solution provided high-level visibility across all spectrum of business segment with enhanced management information and decision making tools.
- Within six months of its switchover Mayne has already realized significant cost saving and business productivity as a result of system and process automation, including an estimated savings of 250 employee hours and a 30% reduction in system cost every year.
- With NetSuite AVT high level customization, a previously complex and time consuming billing process can now run with 100% accuracy and reliability through auto-reconciliation with source transactions.
- Lead-to-order-to-cash workflows give Mayne full visibility into the sales pipeline and help accelerate cash flow.