Active Safety NZ – AVT Oracle Netsuite SuiteCommerce Case Study
Active Safety is a New Zealand based retailer and distributor of safety equipment products. Active safety stock over 10,000 products in personal protective equipment and work gear. Active Safety also provide customised product requests and pride themselves going the extra mile to source or create exactly what the customer needs. Their stock include, SP+, 3M, Blundstone, Bata, BW Technologies, Gri Sport, Honeywell, Kaiwaka, No 8, Peltor, Protex, Pro Choice, MSA, Stoko, JB’s Wear, John Bull, Ridgeline, Westpeak.
Migration from Umbraco to SuiteCommerce Advanced
Like many online retailers ActiveSafety were using Umbraco for their eCommerce platform. Umbraco version was outdated and integration was causing day to day operational challenges.
- Stock sync had to be performed on the a daily basis and often many times a day
- The customer orders approval and stock visibility via My Account was updated via batch processes
- Pricing and promotions required regular sync of data which became cumbersome
- After sales service was disconnected from customer master as it was managed in a separate system
- Implementation of new features was becoming cumbersome.
- Platform was unable to meet the b2b requirements for the business.
- Single integrated platform to managed b2b/b2c customers
- Customer and Contact self service: Customers to provide restricted access to contacts based on admin and non-admin contacts
- Introduce personalisation service : Ability a collect embroidery and logo print information on orders and having the ability to accurately charge for this service
- Personalisation and Engagement : Provide a strong wish list management capability to drive better customer engagement. Sales to be able to create wish list for customer in NetSuite to source products. Customers to create their own wish lists on the web store as they browse the products
- Personalisations : Provide restricted views of the catalog and product range to customers.
- My Account to service both b2c and b2b contacts
- Manage shipping chargers based on locations of customers
- Real-time access to customers to stock, pricing and promotions
AVT Engement Summary
- Design and architect a b2b/b2c Solution to meet business strategic and functional objectives
- Configuration and deployment of the new store
- Consulting and advisory on goals and issues
- Implementation and training of staff
- Assistance with the migration of data
- Successful deployment of the store to meet business objectives